This site is an online accumulation of the Post Reports for my current ongoing D&D Campaign - for anyone who might be interested in reading them.

Friday, January 1, 2021

PBEM - Episode 275. Butchers, Skellies, and More

TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE

(I/C)

“Ohhh too bad Lannis,” Lyra chuckles, her shoulders shaking with mirth. “I told you there wouldn’t be any more healing for you. Used my last one on myself.”

"Well it's good to know nothing changed while I was gone Fluttershy,” Lannis scowle. “Still useless."

 She smirked, “You’re just going to have to deal with your booboos for the rest of the day.” Lyra then glanced at the Fighter, “Unless someone has a potion to spare for you.”

Taking out two regular healing potions, Abraxas handed one to Lannis and lifted the other one high. "Señor Lannesel, I saved una bebido por tu. Here. Salud!” He then popped the cork and proceeded to clinkthe potions together before drinking his down. “Health bueno, amigo!” (Healing Potion: D6: Green 5 – Heal 5)

"I knew I liked you for a reason Mr. Parka,” theMagic User grinned, “And someday I'll understand what you're trying to say to me." (Healing Potions: D6: Green 3 – Heal 3). Looking better and taking a deep cleansing breath, Lannis frowned down at his state of disarray. "We should go to those baths, I'm a little dirty and by head hurts...we should probably figure out what the ringing is too. Did you do something to the torches? They seem brighter than usual.”

Brendon lifted his shoulder noncommittally. “I agree with the get cleaned up, but whoever that girl was might return to that area with reinforcements. We could check out the Butcher’s room, maybe there’s food still and then someplace to rest.”

"What girl? There was a girl?” The wizard frowned. “What were you doing with her instead of looking for me?"

“Someone was in the Grotto, Jockey. She ran away.”

“So she isn’t there now then, right? And who the hell is Jockey? As for where to go, that's my vote, bath, clean up, get away from Hoots. Someone should tow me, I'll be quieter that way.”

“I doubt it,” Wyn said. “And de plan was to go to de Butchers. We’ll go dere first.”

“Whatever. I’m game.” He snapped his fingers, “Oh and seriously, who has my hat? I'm not going anywhere until I get it back."

The Scout took it out of his pack and handed it over, Lannis fussing with the brim and wiping some imaginary dust off of it. “There you are. Daddy missed you. Did you miss me?” He placed it on his head and pulled it down slightly, seating it in place.

Abraxas smiled, shaking his head, “Ahora, vamonos a el Carcinera's. Perhaps un Fuego can help dry out our amigos.” He glanced at the wizard questioningly, “Maybe, you should keep a few steps back from el fuego until tu estas limpiar. Tus ropas smell like pure oil."

“Oh, that reminds me,” Kovid held his hands out to the two men. “Give me the empty vials. We find any oil, I want to be able to get some.” He then placed them in his pack (Empty vials -2 (2)) and took out one of his two remaining full flasks of oil. Carefully he filled the lantern with it and saved the flask with the others. “There we go, 6 hours of light. I have one more flask after this.”

“I’d squeeze it out of my underwear but this oil has already been burned.”

Chuckling softly, Kovid replied, “Welcome back Big Brain. I agree with the rest of the group: we go to the Butcher's. Maybe you can freshen up there.  Master Wyn and Brendon, can you scout ahead a bit and check the door? Perhaps Abraxas can keep a lookout to our south? I can watch the north. I don't want to be surprised again."

“I’m done with surprises,” Lannis agreed. The party drew up again in marching order, weapons out and prepared, and then made their way out of the Scriptorium and began walking west. Somewhere in the distance was the odd echo of the Owlbear, but it was muted, warbling, and very much not ahead of us. Feeling emboldened, they began walking with care, the first room on the right was the dressmaker’s room.

Someone had taken their frustrations out on it. Not a single box, screen, or wire framed dummy was left whole larger than a small shield. Clothing had been torn, items smashed, the entire chamber was a mass of disarray. And there were odd patches of wiry hair and bent looking over long feathers about the chamber as well. “I’d say Hoots redecorated nicely,” Brendon quipped.

“Great,” Kovid scowled and the party marched onward. The corridor wound about heading west and at the corner to the north, Brendon had the group slow as he listened (WMC: Red/Black 5 – no), hearing nothing and then motioned the group to continue.

They made their way northward towards the Butcher’s room, seeing the main door was only partially closed and the further northern door was still shut tight. “Empty?” Lyra whispered and Brendon inched closer, senses sharp, and peered within.

There was no one inside the main room but the sand looked a lot more disturbed than when the group had been here 2 days earlier. The Freezer door was opened and cool mist was sieving out, but the Butcher’s main living quarters was closed. The party entered the chamber quietly and shut the door behind them, latching it with a silent ‘snick’. Kovid pointed at the lock and gave a questioning look, still being silent, but got a hand wave from Abraxas and Wyn to not lock it yet, pointing to the lone door on the north wall and Brendon leaning near it, eyes darting about and head cocked as he strained to hear (<Hear Noise, Red 08).

After half a minute, the Scout faded back to the party and motioned them to close. “It’s very faint, but there was a very faint ‘click’ or two I heard in there.”

“Rock? Wood?”

“Don’t know. Not wood. But it was faint. No breathing, no shuffling, but my senses are telling me that something is behind that door.”

“Ok then,” Lyra smiled. “This time we’re in know. Do we confront the ambushers or not?”

Time now is Day 7, 5:12 PM

(OOC)

Ok! Here we are, great listening check by Brendon. What do you guys want to do?

No comments: