This site is an online accumulation of the Post Reports for my current ongoing D&D Campaign - for anyone who might be interested in reading them.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

PBEM - Episode 242. Divvie up and Rest!

TWO HUNDRED FORTY TWO

(I/C)

Brendon was looking at Wyn as he divided the arrows, taking the cloak off the wall and flipping it over his shoulders. Feeling it settle there, he cinched it against his neck and eyed the armor. “If Lyra were to wear the armor would it help her run faster?”

Giving her own Chainmail and shake, Lyra said, “Sorry... I don’t think the armor would make me any faster - not that I’m slow or anything. The weight of Aine’s presence is just... very heavy.” 

Giving Brendon a side eye, the elf replied, “Sure hope dat not be one of those Cloaks of Infertility, du Lac. Dis be a sex elf castle, after all. Unless you like shooting blanks, maybe let one of de magic eye folk take a look at it before you throw something on all Willy nilly.”

The Scout was raising and lowering the cloak against the bottom of his face, peering over the hem and getting a feel for it. Meanwhile, Wyn had taken Brendon’s quiver and was pulling arrows and counting them while stuffing others in. “The arrows choice is totally up to you, Wyn.”

“Tanks, I figured dat.” He glanced across the room. “Cen someone check the barrels, s’il vous plaît? Not sure why dat hasn’t been done yet.”

“I already did it, Senor,” Abraxas said, giving the cloak a wan and wistful look. “Wine in one, and something solind in the other.”

“Oh, ok! I look over de armor. Den I look at de cloak to see if I cen learn more about it.”

Walking around slowly with the cloak, Brendon offered, “I’m pretty fast, I can open the chest if you guys want.”

"I nominate Señor Langays opens the chest,” the Fighter suggested. “What's the chance you die tres veces en una dia?”

“Um. No,” Lannis answered, “I don’t want to play those odds.”

“Shouldn’t an Elf open the elf chest?” Kovid suggested, heading to the barrels, “Might be magically protected otherwise.”

Brendon shrugged, “You’re right, Kovid. I guess it should be Wyn.”

“I DON’T nominate Lannis,” Lyra said forcefully.

“Thanks, Horseysauce!”

She gave him a withering stare, “I’ve already pledged to never heal him again, it’d be a shame if this is how he died. If I were him I wouldn’t touch ANYTHING for the remainder of our stay in this castle.”

“What's this about not healing me anymore?” he asked with mock irritation. “That hardly seems fair, it's not like I've used up my rations of it already. Let Wyn open the box for all I care, just do it carefully"

The Cleric sighed, “Whatever. Talking to you is like giving myself brain cancer. As for the chest, um, I was going to do it... but yea, maybe you Brendon? You’re definitely faster than me.”

“I am almost done wit de arrows here,” Wyn offered, taking the Heartswood bow and leaving his own in its place, “Monsieur Dwarffriend, if you please?” He handed an arrow to Kovid (Add 1 arrow) and then turned to Brendon. “Quivers only hold 20 so I ‘ad to take a few normal arrows away I give Tres Arrows wit de white fletching dat hit like a hammer. And deux Arrows wit de black fletching dat take anudder arrow from your quiver for a ride. And I took de opposite, Bien?” (Brendon Add 3 Arrows +2 (3) and 2 Magnetized Doubleshot Arrows (2), change normal arrows to 15 (7). Wyn do the same but with 2 and 3 respectively).

“Sure, Wyn, whatever you decide is fine.”

“Ok, chest time?” Lannis asked.

“Not yet, checkin out dis armor,” Wyn offered, getting the wizard to groan in frustration.

“So, Bangdrum?” Abraxas asked, “What this Cloak is about? I am mucho curious, pero no tengo el knowledge de majik.”

Brendon had been working with the cloak for a few minutes by this time and kept moving around the room. As he did, the designs in the cloak adjusted smoothing out his edges. “I’ve heard of these before. It’s a type of Elven cloak, but not a regular powerful one. If you’re and elf or have an ability to hide, it makes it easier for you to blend in with the surroundings. This one dows the same, but to a lesser degree.” (Lesser Cloak of Elvenkind – Thieves get +20% hide, Elves get flat 25% Hide, all others get flat 20% hide – no AC adjustment).

“Ah,” Abraxas nodded. He was looking around the room with a critical eye. “I say this is definitely the spot to rest cuando we are ready.”

Kovid was using his mining pick to pry open the top of the barrel with the solid items within, breaking the tar seal and with a wooden wrenching sound, it flipped open and the smell of food filled the air. “Whoa! Elven Trail Rations.”

“They still good?!” Lyra scoffed. “It’s been 3 decades at least.”

Looking and seeing they were in 3 different colors (green, brown, and yellow – correspondingly with less of each color) Kovid reached in and picked one up (yellow). He unwrapped the wax paper, the seal breaking and the item within swelled up, revealing a piece of yellow cake with a hard fondant chocolate icing. He sniffed it and took a tentative nibble and then smiled. “Thor’s Balls! It’s good! And it’s a piece of fucking cake!”

“Ha!” Abraxas looked in and took one at random (brown), breaking the seal on the wax paper and it too swelled up, revealing a length of bread with chunks of cooked salted meat within. “Aw! No cake!” he bit it anyway and then smiled as well. “But it is damned delicioso!”

Lyra, not wanting to be left out, took one of the most numerous packages (green) and also unwrapped it, breaking the seal, and it swelled up to a flat hard biscuit with chunks of onion, leeks, and garlic baked within. “Oh, great, I get the bad breath cookie,” she frowned, giving it a nibble and then also grinned. “But it still tastes good.

Kovid was giving the interior of the barrel a count and came up with 50 green packages, maybe 30 brown ones, and perhaps 10 yellow ones. Based upon the size of the produced food, each one was the equivalent of a meal – so there were 90 meals worth of Elven Trail Rations (considered Magic, each weighs [3] while compressed) and a person eats 3 meals a day – so 30 days of elven trail rations. Divided amongst the party, it would work out to 5 days of food for each person.

Lannis kept looking at the chest and frowning while Wyn was finishing up his work on the chainmail. “Well, I kin say dat it is real nice elven chainmail. Which weighs ‘alf as much as normal chain, so Priestesse Lyra, it indeed would make you move faster. As for it being magical, dere is no way for me to know dat right now until I get me spell back or you wear it and one of us tried to hit you.”

“I’ll do it!” Lannis volunteered.

“Do I get to hit him back?” she asked.

Wyn had taken the armor down and was hefting its weight (Elven Chainmail [200]) when Lannis said, “Oh fuck it already!” and stormed over to the chest and jammed his fingers against both of the lock’s eyes which depressed with a resounding click.

“Are you fucking crazy?!” Lyra yelled at him. “You just died TWICE!”

The chest top had popped open and the Magic User shook his head. “I had the feeling it was gonna be another day before we got around to this,” he shuddered and smiled broadly, most of his wounds fading away. “And I didn’t want to miss out!”

Inside the chest was a fortune in gold and silver coins (650 Gold Crowns, and 1,000 Silver Nobles). I addition, there as a small tray on the top that held 10 translucent gem stones polished to a high shine. Brendon looked them over (Thief Int >12, no roll) and nodded, “Fire Agates. Real nice ones too. Fetch 50 gold pieces back at Specularum easily.”

“There! I did something!” Lannis said proudly. “So we dividing all this up? Who gets what? Gluefactory you taking the armor? We all get a piece of the elven dessert cake RIGHT. Abraxas. Abraxas! I can SEE you are taking all the yellow ones out.”

“You. Promised. Me. Cake!”

“Not like this I didn’t!”

Time now is Day 6, 5:22 PM

(OOC)

XP: Explore: 45 xp each.

Treasure XP: 650 gold, 1000 silver, 500 gold worth of gems – 1,250 divided.

Kovid and Brendon – add 254 xp.

Everyone else add 253 xp

Abraxas and Kovid, add 109 Gold and 167 Silver

Lyra and Lannis, add 108 gold and 167 silver

Wyn and Brendon, add 108 gold and 166 silver.

Who is taking the 10 fire agates (10) at this time? Lyra, taking the armor – yes or no. And if so, who wants to practice hitting her a few times to check for AC and possible magic? And the Elven Trail Rations – how do you want to divide it up? Each counts as a meal and like MRE – they have desirability with Green being least liked and Yellow being most. If you guys move things around in the room, there is enough room for everyone to sleep.

And Lannis – DING!

Magic User – 4th level! Hp  - add 2 – new total 11. And heal all damage. No change to Saves or to hits. But, you get an additional 2nd level spell – 3 random – you choose: Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force, Continual Light

Congrats! And if going to stay  - at next post, I’ll give everyone their latest sheet.

Also, next one up is Lyra with about 1700 to go.

No comments: